Vision - Mission
The objectives of the Department of Industry and Technology are:
- Strengthen manufacturing and improve its competitiveness.
- Technological upgrading and digitalization of enterprises
- Improving access to finance.
- Linking the service sector with industry.
- Strengthening entrepreneurship.
In this context, the main activities of the Agency are the following:
- Formulation, coordination and implementation of the policy framework for industry and enterprises
- Preparation and implementation of targeted Funding Schemes mainly for SMEs and entrepreneurship
- Improving the business environment
- Establishment and management of Industrial Areas and coordination of the development of Industrial Zones for the rational location of enterprises
- Informing citizens/businesses through the European networks "Your Europe" and "IMI".